Since the beginning of April, I’ve been taking a break from freelancing. That means I currently don’t work for anyone else. And it’s been glorious so far! Instead of doing software development all day, I’ve really taken it easy and have done things I enjoy, wanted to do for a while, or simply had to get done – with plenty of time to do so.
I have still planned to use my time off for developing my own little software product – but honestly, I didn’t have the motivation to really start on this, yet.
Anyhow, here are some things I’ve been doing lately:
- Bought and assembled new furniture.
- Worked on my photography more: culling photos, ordering prints, making prints myself, publishing more posts to my photo journal.
- I’ve been taking care of our camper: there was some serious spring cleaning to be done. And most pressing of all, we discovered mould on the inside – so that really needed to be addressed. And it’s still a work in progress. But the good thing is, it seems not so serious that we can’t use it this summer. I also had to take it to the Tüv and a garage to get a repair done.
- Spending more time with Zoe.
- Playing more bass. There were more rehearsals than usual, and I recorded bass tracks for six songs in a studio.
- I’ve been planning vacation trips.
- I’ve been on a short trip with friends.
- I attended the Beyond Tellerrand conference here in Düsseldorf.